Gilliam & Associates believes...
• All people are to be valued and treated with dignity and respect.
• Confidentiality for our clients is paramount.
• Honoring and respecting agency and the decisions of our clients, whether organizations or individuals, is essential.
• The most generative way to assists our clients is to help them identify, claim and leverage their talents and strengths and manage around weaknesses.
• The answers or next steps the business/organization are seeking are already within their midst. Thus, G&A's role is not to provide the answers but to walk with our clients as together, we discover them.
• Culture and mission (while valuing individuals) are part of G&A's focus when working with organizations. In the words of Peter Drucker, "Culture eats strategy for breakfast."
• Each organization has its own unique, nuanced culture, so G&A develops the work with the client according to their specific needs and desired outcomes. There are no cookie-cutter approaches. One size never fits all.
• Change begins with individuals.
• In conflict situations and anxious contexts, self-regulation, staying calm and non-anxious, being fully present, and listening for the next step in the conversation are important ways of being for G&A and all involved.
• People can influence or invite change in another(s) to the level that we are willing and open to be influenced or changed by other(s). (mutuality/reciprocity)
• Most challenging situations are about more than one issue; they are about multiple factors interacting. Complexity is its description. Helping identify these multiple contributing factors is key.
• A person's PRESENCE influences a context/situation as much as their behavior. "In other words, the world around me is only as open as is the world within me".
• We will continue to encourage ourselves and our clients to be learners, have a Growth Mindset, and stay curious, hopeful, compassionate, and open to Surprise!
Our goal is to help our clients succeed!